DefendDefenders is hosting a five-day online training in conducting digital security audits according to the SAFETAG framework. The SAFETAG framework is specifically designed to offer auditors a guide on how to assess the digital risks of small non-profit organisations based or operating in the Global South.
Dates: 8-19 June 2020 (ten days)
Successful candidates should be:
- Technologists working in the field of human rights and/or media; and
- Located in Ethiopia, Uganda, or Sudan
They should possess at least one of the following attributes:
- Experience conducting digital security trainings and/or audits;
- Responsible for an organisation’s IT security; and
- Helps/supports other organisations with their digital security due to their position and technical ability.
The opportunities that will arise from this training will include:
- opportunity for practically applying learned SAFETAG based audits skills through being part of some of the audits;
- audit follow and fix ups; and
- opportunity for in–person training after this planned online training.
To apply, please fill out this form by 24 May 2020. Selected participants will be notified by email.