DefendDefenders is hosting a ten-day online training in conducting digital security audits according to the SAFETAG framework. The SAFETAG framework is specifically designed to offer auditors a guide on how to assess the digital risks of small non-profit organisations based or operating in the Global South.
Location: Kampala / online (depending on COVID-19 regulations)
Dates: 14-25 September 2020 (ten Days)
Successful candidates should be:
- Technologists working in the field of human rights and/or media; and
- Located in Uganda.
They should possess at least one of the following attributes:
- Experience in conducting digital security trainings and/or audits;
- Responsible for an organisation’s IT security; and
- Help/support other organisations with their digital security due to their position and technical ability.
The opportunities that will arise from this training will include:
- opportunity for practically applying learned SAFETAG based audit skills; and
- audit follow and fix ups.
DefendDefenders believes in empowering marginalised and vulnerable people. We particularly encourage women human rights defenders (WHRDs), grassroots HRDs, minority HRDs, marginalised HRDs, and HRDs at-risk to apply. To apply, please fill out this form by 24 August 2020. Selected participants will be notified by email.