DefendDefenders (East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project) is a regional non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Kampala, Uganda, that seeks to strengthen the work of human rights defenders throughout the sub-region by reducing their vulnerability to the risk of persecution and by enhancing their capacity to effectively defend human rights. DefendDefenders works in Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia/Somaliland, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. More information is available on our website, and social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).
DefendDefenders is implementing its current strategy 2021-2025 that seeks to enhance the safety and capacities of HRDs in the region for greater resilience and effective fulfilment of their mandates. In this strategy, DefendDefenders has made a commitment to develop a gender mainstreaming framework to roll out the implementation of the gender strategy to foster the HRD agenda.
- Develop and customise the social relations framework to DefendDefenders gender needs;
- Develop tools/guidelines that can be used for tracking progress on gender and social inclusion; and
- Train staff on the framework and how to utilise the tools and framework for collection and analysis of gender and social inclusion data.
- Inception report;
- Comprehensive gender and social relations framework;
- Tools for social relations framework and gender inclusion;
- Summary narrative on analysis and reporting; and
- Training report including the training modules.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Gender and Development, Human Rights or Social Development;
- Experience in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming work in development programmes in East and Horn of Africa region;
- Good analytical and conceptualisation skills;
- Ability to synthesise documents with good writing skills; and
- Training skills.
For more details, please see our Terms of Reference. Proposals should be submitted in English in soft copy to [email protected] no later than 28 February 2021 with the subject “PROPOSAL FOR GENDER/ SOCIAL RELATIONS FRAMEWORK.”
EMPLOYMENT WITH DEFENDDEFENDERS
Equal employment opportunities and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at DefendDefenders where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established under international human rights principles.