DefendDefenders seeks a Data & Web Campaigning Lead to coordinate its “Doc-IT” program. The Data & Web Campaigning Lead will work with human rights organisations throughout the East & Horn of Africa to improve their documentation and data collection practices and turn them into high-impact online and print advocacy campaigns.
If you are passionate about using data, design, marketing, and technology to tell a compelling story and seize the attention of the public and decision-makers for social impact, this job could be for you. A strong confidence with visual communications, web technologies, social media marketing, and data analysis is ideal. Experience in project management and working with outsourced designers and developers is an added advantage.
Candidates with strong partial qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assessing organisations’ data and documentation processes and recommending tools and training
- Identifying campaign messaging goals and connecting them to data collection and documentation projects by implementing online campaigns
- Developing and delivering training and support to organisation’s data and documentation, data analysis, visual communication, and online campaigning programs
- Working with developers of documentation tools to implement and address user feedback
- Project managing design and web development for online web campaigns
- Online marketing, including Facebook ads and Google Ad Words including performance tracking and analysis such as in Google Analytics
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Communications and blog-writing
Needed Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years working experience in data management and analysis, web development, visual arts, marketing, communications, or related fields
- Ability to teach technology skills and explain technical concepts for lay audiences
- Online communications or marketing experience
- Experience coordinating creative and technical professionals and project managing design and development work
- Strong familiarity and ability to keep up to date with web technologies
- Interest in self-development and online training to acquire new and cutting edge skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to frequent and timely communication with partners
- Strong and creative problem solving skills with the ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on several different project needs at the same time
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Interest in working in human rights
Added Advantage Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to plan and work with different types of data sets and perform data cleaning, analysis, and manipulation
- Copywriting & blogging skills
- Web development, graphic design, and illustration skills
- Project management training or qualifications
- Additional regional languages (Swahili, French, Somali, Amharic, Arabic, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, etc.)
Terms: Full Time
Location of work: Kampala, Uganda
Starting: January 2019
Due to large volumes of applicants unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply to this vacancy send a letter of interest and CV to [email protected] with “[DOCIT]” in the subject line by Dec 9th 2018.