The East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project (EHAHRDP) is the secretariat to a network of more than 75 member organizations drawn from eleven countries in the sub-region (that is, Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia (and Somaliland), South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda). The project was designed to strengthen the work of human rights defenders (HRDs) in the East and Horn of Africa sub-region by reducing their vulnerability to the risk of persecution and by enhancing their capacity to effectively defend human rights. The Project envisions a region in which the human rights of every citizen as stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) are respected and upheld.
buy propecia online gaetzpharmacy.com/propecia.html no prescription
EHAHRDP implements activities in the areas of protection, advocacy and capacity building.
Additionally, EHAHRDP acts as the secretariat for the Pan-African Human Rights Defenders Network, which brings together five sub-regional networks from North, Central, West, Southern and the East and Horn of Africa. Further information about EHAHRDP’s activities can be found on the website: https://defenddefenders.org/ or through our social media outlets on Face book http://www.facebook.com/humanrightsdefendersproject or Twitter @EHAHRDP.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Make sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures.
• Regularly review the petty cash float and ensure that EHAHDRP has sufficient resources to facilitate operations.
• Carry out a cash count every week.
• Monitor cash flows and request top-ups from the Finance Manager.
• Check the month end cashbooks, and ensure that all book-keeping and coding is accurate.
• Ensure that all financial records are properly kept.
• Prepare an analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
• Assist in the preparation and review of budgets.
• Monitor actual expenditure versus budgets.
• Assist in preparation of financial reports to donors, in liaison with Finance Officers and Finance Manager.
buy clomid online gaetzpharmacy.com/clomid.html no prescription
• Continue to develop appropriate financial systems and help all staff to understand and work with them.
• Provide support to the office in all other financial matters.
• Serve as the primary procurement officer within the organization
o Coordinate organisational procurement requirements
o Act as primary custodian of all procurement records
o Implement the organisation’s procurement policy ensuring staff compliance
Candidates with the following skills and competencies are encouraged to apply:
• A Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g Finance, Economics or Procurement)
• Background in Accounting or Business Administration
• Basic Knowledge of accounting and finance
• Experience in the proper procedures of recording and handling of cash
• Good knowledge of procurement procedures
• Demonstrable experience handling procurements
• Good communications skills, interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
• Good English skills (both spoken and written)
• Good computer skills
• Knowledge of the socio-economic and political dynamics in the East and Horn of Africa region is desirable
• Knowledge and understanding of the architecture of human rights organizations in the region
Candidates are requested to submit a CV and application letter for consideration. Please send your application to [email protected] with the subject line “Accounts Assistant” by 7th OCTOBER 2015.
Do not send copies of certificates, transcripts or degrees.